Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Mapawa

Went to mapawa yesterday. It's a private park maintained by a prominent family here in cagayan de oro.

I went there for an outing for the organization presidents here in xavier, but there were only five of us who actually pushed through with the outing(dennis, earle, kitty, me and ate cua - my direct supervisor).

It was my first time to ride a habal-habal, my butt ached for the 15 minute ride. I wonder, how pj manages to do it for more than an hour.

When we got there, we went straight to the swimming hole, it's a hole not a pool. The swimming hole was amde by the passage of water from the small waterfall there. After lunch, we tasted kitty's concoction, boracay(tanduay, condensed milk, and coffee). Once we finished the first batch, we tried the 3 stage zipline. It was great, my only fear was that it may not carry my 100k body. I was assured by the people there that it could carry me, so off I went, zipping down the steel wire. Good thing it wasn't that long and it wasn't that high. For the second stage, we had to cross a steel wire bridge( it reminded me of trusses and beams na figures sa ES 11). Again it was a good thing that it wasn't that far and that high, as I had a hard time balancing myself(kaya pala ako naka 2 takes ng es 11). The third stage was again a zip line, but to get down the platform we had to rappel down.

Too bad i wasn't able to get my picture taken on top of the falls, posed as a buddha...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey. how do i get to mapawa? my friends and I are planning to go there for the weekend.:) your help will be greatly appreciated. habal-habal lang ba ang means of transport papunta don?

July 25, 2006 at 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home